Vizio is a famous brand for television, it also manufactures many other devices like soundbars, home theaters, SmartCast Tablets, etc., and you can also cast different devices on it just like other TVs, so to know How To Cast To A Vizio TV, read the full article and follow the methods provided here.
If you have the latest Vizio TV models(after 2016 or P-series), then casting is much easier for you, and you need not buy any other extra hardware like Chromecast.
But, if you have older TV models of Vizio, then you need to either purchase Chromecast or follow some other tricks.
Here, in this article first I will share methods for older models of Vizio, where you have to use the HDMI port of the TV to cast the device.
However, methods for older models can also be used for the latest ones.
The main reason behind the success of Vizio TV is it’s aggressively priced HDTVs, and with the latest smart TVs, it is now very popular among users.
- How To Get ESPN Plus On My TV.
- How To Cancel ESPN Plus Subscription.
- Install Fubo TV On Smart TV In Few Simple Steps.
So, now without much discussion, go through the following methods and know How To Cast To Vizio TV.
How To Cast To A Vizio TV Using Chromecast
If you own Chromecast, you can easily cast your device on the TV without many tactics. It is a better option, but you have to spend some money on it.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to cast on Vizio Smart TV.
- Plugin the Chromecast on your TV and also connect the power adapter to your Chromecast.
- Now, download the latest Google Home app from the app store of your device with which you want to cast.
- Connect your device and Chromecast both to the same WiFi network.
- From Settings of your TV, select HDMI as the source, and run the Google Home app.
- After searching for Chromecast devices you’ll see the name of your device, click on Continue then.
- You’ll see the code on the screen of your device and TV, click on That’s My Code.
- Now, you are able to cast on Vizo TV, you can use any casting app for it(Just hit the cast icon on it).
How To Cast To Vizio TV Using Laptop/PC
If you have Google Chrome in your system you are good to go, download, and install if not, before using this method.
- How To Download Redbox On Firestick.
- How To Redeem Points On Redbox.
- Stream Redbox On Demand In Few Steps.
Windows 10 and Chromecast are necessary for this.
- Connect TV and Windows 10 laptop/PC with the same WiFi network.
- Open Chrome, and click on the three-dot menu on the top right side, and look for the cast option.
- Click on the cast and you will see the list of available Chromecast devices, choose yours.
- There are three cast options, you can choose between them as per your need by clicking on the Sources option.
Cast Tab:- With this you can cast only a particular tab tour TV, it is by-default available.
Cast Desktop:- You can cast your entire display of the laptop/PC screen with this option.
And, Cast File:- In cast file mode you can stream video or audio file. You have to select the file which you want to play on your TV screen.
There is another way of connecting your laptop/PC to your TV using HDMI cable if you prefer the above method go for it, if not you can also cast your device by HDMI cable.
Connect your TV and your Laptop/PC using HDMI cable first. Then open anything you want on any of the web-browsers.
Now click on the notifications option on your Laptop/PC and select the Project option from there. There will be different options there for casting like Half Screen, Full Screen, etc.
Select any of the options you want, depending upon your selection the screen of your Laptop/PC will be mirrored on your TV screen.
How To Cast To My Vizio TV Using Airplay 2 And Homekit(For Apple Devices Only)
If you have an Apple device and you want to cast it on your Vizio TV, then your TV must be Airplay 2 and Homekit compatible.
- How To Record Shows On Philo Tv.
- How To Cast Philo To Chromecast.
- Cancel Philo Free Trial In Few Easy Steps.
Without these applications, you can also use the SmartCast app from Apple Store, this method is discussed later in this article.
Follow the below steps to get it done.
- Open Settings of Vizio TV and look out for QR code for Apple Homekit.
- Now, on your Apple device(iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc.) open the Home app and tap on ‘+‘ icon and then Add An Accessory.
- Now, scan the flashing QR code on your TV screen with your Apple device, also add an accessory to network and tap on Allow, if asked.
- Name the device, and tap Done, the accessory is now successfully added to your Homekit app.
You can now cast any video from your Apple device to your Vizio Smart TV.
How To Cast On Vizio TV Using The SmartCast App
This method is quite easy, this SmartCast app is the official application of Vizio itself. It is available on Google Play Store and App Store or you can download it from the official Vizio Website.
[NOTE:- This app is compatible with Android ersion5.0+ and iOS 9.0+ devices]
Download the app and Signup first on your smartphone or tablet and then move to the following steps.
- Connect both of your devices to the same WiFi network.
- Open the SmartCast app, tap on the menu option, and select the Setup new device option from there.
- Now on the next screen tap on Get Started option.
- Connect your device with your TV via Bluetooth(if available). If Bluetooth not available, then the app will let you connect via WiFi.
- Name your display and save it.
That’s all, you can now play the content from your device to your VIZIO Smart TV right away.
If you have found this article How To Cast To A Vizio TV useful and it worked out fine for you, give your feedback n the comment section.
Also, if you have any suggestions or queries regarding this article, please let me know in the comment section below. I will try my best to give you a solution and your suggestions are most welcome.
Please share this article with your friends and family who own Vizio Smart TV.