Vimeo is a good platform for creators, it is just like Youtube, but is more sophisticated. There are plans which you should opt for before creating videos on Vimeo, and if you want to know How To Delete A Video From Vimeo, then you must follow the steps provided here.
As compared with YouTube which is a free platform, Vimeo is not that popular among everyone, but for bloggers or vloggers, it is quite a platform, because here you will only get good and original content.
Vimeo is a video hosting, sharing, and services platform which has some of its own guidelines that you need to follow if you want to use this platform.
You should look at the community guidelines first, before going for it.
There is also one option to “Replace This Video” if you do not wish to delete the video, which is also mentioned in this article, and if you are not okay with it, then go ahead for the deletion.
There are many features you will get on Vimeo as per the plan you have opted for. But, if you only wish to watch videos on Vimeo you do not need to register.
You will get 30 days of free trial on Vimeo for all the paid plans or you can just continue with Vimeo Basic, in which you will get 500 MB per week of storage(up to 5 GB total), ability to upload up to 10 videos per day and the ability to create 1 channel, 1 group, and 3 showcases.
For more upgraded plans of Vimeo, please click here.
If you won’t like its features and services, you can Cancel Vimeo, easily.
How To Replace Video On Vimeo
You can replace your older version of the video with a new version, and a good thing is Vimeo keeps a record of the details of the previous versions also.
Upload time, file size, URL, and review page notes of each version of the video will be available as version history in Vimeo.
To replace the video, follow the below steps.
- Log in to Vimeo and head to Your Videos section.
- Click on the settings icon, over the video you want to replace.
- Now, go to the video file tab in video settings.
- Now, click on “Replace this Video“, to add a new version of the video.
On any video’s review page, you’ll now see a version menu. From there, you can review every previous change of your video, including all of the time-coded notes for each version of the video.
This is a great way to self track changes to your video while showing any external reviewers only the most current version of the video.
So, this will let you change the video, without deleting it. But, if you only looking forward to deleting the video, then just move ahead for the next headings.
How To Delete A Video From Vimeo
You can delete the video either directly from your Mac/PC or from the mobile application too, here you will find both methods. Select any as per your ease.
Delete Vimeo Video On Android
- Open the Vimeo application on your android device.
- Tap on the smiley face icon.
- Tap on the vertical three dots option on the video you want to delete.
- Now, tap on Edit Video Settings.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on Delete Video(red option).
- Confirm the deletion by tapping on Delete.
Delete Vimeo Video On PC/Mac
- Open your web browser and visit Vimeo and click on My Videos.
- Now, click on the mechanical gear icon on the video which you want to delete.
- Then, click on the Video File and after that Delete this Video(red button).
- It will ask for your Vimeo password, enter it, and at last click on Delete.
That’s it, the video you wanted to delete is gone now.
I hope this article of How To Delete A Video From Vimeo, was useful for you and now you will be able to delete the video or replace it. Please let me know in the comment section below if you face any issues.
- Get Free 1 Year Apple TV Plus Subscription.
- Cancel your NHL.TV subscription.
- Connect your Nintendo Wii to Smart TV.
- Download Vudu On Firestick.
- Accept Payments On Facebook.
Also, share this article as much as you can and help others too.
If you have any suggestions regarding this article, please mention them in the comment section below.