Everyone once struggles with finding the remote when they wanted to watch something on TV, and when you fed up with it you will find that at the most common location. It happens to me almost every day. So, that is why we must know How To Control Firestick With Phone.
You already have your TV remote, so having one extra Firestick remote is like having one extra issue to look out for.
For this, you just need to have a Fire TV app installed on your phone, with which you want to control the Firestick/Fire TV device.
The phone will have all the features of your typical Firestick remote, so no need to worry.
However, there are some differences between the two which are:-
- There is an in-built keyboard available on the app.
- Apps also have a shortcut list, which allows you to launch any of your required applications.
- There will be a touchpad area in the middle of the screen, which is a replacement of the circular button on the remote.
The list of controls and features you can have on your ‘phone turned remote’ are listed below:-
- Some of the most important features like fast forward, rewind, play, and pause, work in the same way as they would on the physical remote.
- The voice command feature can be accessed by tapping on the mic icon, and in the same way, the keyboard can be accessed by tapping on the keyboard icon on the right side of the screen.
- You need to tap on the touchpad to select the item which is currently highlighted on Fire TV/Firestick.
- To scroll you need to move your fingers on the touchpad.
- If you want to move without scrolling, just swipe with a touchpad in the direction of your choice.
So, the answer to your query can I control my Firestick with my phone?, is YES.
You just need to follow the steps given in this article.
How To Control Firestick With Phone
There are some prerequisites before you begin with the main step, which is:-
- Download(Android or iOS) the latest Fire TV app on your phone and install it.
- Connect your Firestick/Fire TV and your phone with the same WiFi network.
Once these conditions are met move ahead for the next steps, which are:-
- Turn ON your TV and Fire TV and with your TV remote, select that HDMI as a source on which the Firestick/Fire TV is connected.
- Launch the Fire TV app on your phone, and sign in with the Amazon credentials.
- Select an available device on the screen and follow on-screen instructions to set up the app with the device.
- A connection request code number will appear on the screen, enter that code in the app.
- This will establish a connection between the phone and the TV.
- Once the connection is established, use your phone as a remote.
[NOTE:- This app will run on Android version 4.0.3+ and for iOS 7.0+]
- How To Connect A New Firestick Remote.
- Watch Frndly TV on Smart TV.
- Stream Redbox On Demand On Your TV.
- YouTube TV Keeps Freezing[FIXED].
With the steps provided here, I hope you are now able to understand How To Use Phone As Firestick Remote.
But, if you face any issue doing this, please mention it in the comment section below.
Also, if you have any suggestions regarding this, mention it also in the comment section.
Share this article with others also on your preferred social media platform.