Streaming service launched by Acorn Media Group in the year 2011 ‘Acorn TV’ has gained a lot more fan base for the content it offers. Signing Up for it is quite simple, but there are different ways to do that. So, if looking for How To Sign Up For Acorn TV, just keep on reading this article till the very end.
A subscription-based streaming service ‘Acorn TV’ will cost you around $5.99 for a month and $59.9 for its annual subscription.
The most common way to sign up for the Acorn TV subscription is to visit its official website. After that, hit on Sign Up and provide some of the information asked, and create a password for your account.
That is all, you will get 7 days of free trial and it will cost you the whole amount of subscription fee at the end of your trial period.
Following are the list of compatible devices for Acorn TV:-
- Android TVs/Smart TVs
- Google Chromecast
- Amazon FireStick/Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android and iOS-based smartphones or tablets
You can watch your favorite contents of Acorn TV on any of the above devices, these devices(apart from the TV itself) will let you watch Acorn TV on your TV.
So, you may also use these devices and services to sign up for Acorn TV directly from its interface, and once you do that you will rely on these platforms itself to manage your Acorn TV subscriptions.
It means that, if in the future you wish to cancel Acorn TV subscription you will have to use your respective platform for that.
Now move ahead to the next section, if you are looking for ways to sign up for Acorn TV using other third-party platforms.
How To Sign Up For Acorn TV
Using Google Play
If you have some google play balance and are willing to subscribe for Acorn TV directly through Google Play, as you may have to download its application from that and it will be a lot easier to directly subscribe to it too.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to do that:-
- Open the Google Play Store app on your smartphone or visit play.google.com from your computer.
- Find and open the Acorn TV.
- Tap Subscribe.
- Choose a subscription option. You will also get the benefit of 7 days of free trial too.
- Select a payment method.
- Tap Subscribe.
This method may also be used to sign up for Acorn TV on Android TV, you just have to open the Play Store on your TV and follow all the steps as mentioned above.
Sign Up For Acorn TV On Amazon Prime And Fire TV
If you own Amazon Fire TV/Firestick you do not need to have the Amazon Prime subscription, these two are very different.
You can download the Acorn TV app on your Fire TV or press Home on your remote. Then select Apps and search for Acorn TV. By both ways, app can be run on your Fire TV.
For this, you do not need Amazon Prime subscription, just simply download the app on your device.
Now, the Amazon add-on subscription is totally separate from a standard Acorn TV subscription and is exclusive to Prime members only.
Acorn TV will cost you $4.99 for a month and $49.9 for a year if you subscribe through Amazon Prime(this cost is apart from the Amazon Prime Video subscription itself).
To sign up for Acorn TV on Amazon Prime follow the below steps:-
- Open Amazon on a web browser.
- Login to your account and click on Account & Lists next to the search bar.
- From that dropdown menu, select the Your Prime Video option.
- On the new page select Channels, and click on the see more options next to Prime Video Channels.
- Look for Acorn TV and open it. You will get the option to start the free trial, select it, and follow all the on-screen instructions and sign up for Acorn TV.
Billing information and trial period information will be shared with you, so keep an eye on it if you are only for the free trial.
Sign Up Acorn TV With Roku
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
- Search for Acorn TV using the search bar in the channel store.
- Then you can select Buy or Start the free trial in order to purchase and install the channel.
- If you have a Roku account PIN, then you will be required to enter it.
After this, you are done, and now you are all signed up for Acorn TV.
Sign Up With iTunes
iTunes can be used as a mode of payment for many of the services on the iOS platform, so you can also subscribe/sign up for Acorn TV as one of the Apple TV channels with iTunes.
To do this follow the below mentioned steps:-
- Open Apple TV app on your device(iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, smart TV) and then select the Watch Now option at the top or bottom of the screen depending upon the device you are using.
- Now, either scroll down to the Apple TV channels list or search for the Acorn TV.
- There start your free trial of Acorn TV and at the end of the trial period, your Apple ID will be charged with the subscription fees(You must sign in with your Apple ID).
The difference between the signed up accounts through third-party platforms and the official one is when you reach to the billing information page of Acorn TV, you will notice a small note there clearly indicating subscribed through Amazon Fire TV, Roku or iTunes etc.
That is how you can tell the difference and at the time of cancellation, make sure which platform to headout for the next steps.
As of now I hope you now understand these steps for How To Sign Up For Acorn TV, as per your respective platforms.
Now, in case of any issue or query, please feel free to mention it in the comment section below.
Also, feel free to add your suggestions in the comment section also.
- Set Up Britbox On TV Easily.
- Watch UP Faith & Family On TV.
- Get Pure Flix On Your TV.
- How To Get Hulu On TV.
Also, do not forget to share this article with others too on social media platforms.