Many YouTube TV users have encountered a playback error while playing video on the platform. You may have noticed the error message “Sorry there was an error licensing this video” on the screen.
This issue usually happens on some of Google’s streaming devices like Chromecast(first generation mostly) or Chromebook. But the issue is not limited to these devices only, some users get it on the Google Chrome browser too.
You can watch YouTube TV on many other platforms like Roku, Fire TV, etc. but you may not face this problem on these platforms.
YouTube TV users also reported the issue of freezing the service many times, which also be resolved.
So, now move ahead to the section of resolution of this issue.
Fix “Sorry There Was An Error Licensing This Video” On YouTube TV
So, here you will get a few of the methods that will be helpful in this type of issue, try them to get the sure-shot solution for this.
Method#1:- Restart YouTube TV App And OS
The most common way to solve the error issue is to restart the application or the operating system on which you are running it.
Your PC and YouTube TV app may create many temporary files or clip files occasionally. Those error files can bring a lot of temporary problems to your personal computer and YouTube TV app.
So you must restart your operating system and YouTube TV app first to solve the issue.
If it doesn’t work, move ahead to the next method.
Method#2:- Update Chrome Browser
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check for the available updates for your Chrome browser and update it.
- Open your Chrome browser.
- On the upper left side, click the Menu button or the three horizontal dots.
- Now click on Help and choose About Google Chrome.
- Pending updates will appear or check for available updates. Otherwise, it will indicate that your browser is up to date.
- If you see any updates, download the update and install.
- Restart your Chrome browser and you are good to go.
Now, after updating re-launch YouTube TV and try playing the video which was getting the “sorry there was an error licensing this video: error before.
Method#3:- Update Widevine CMD Component In Chrome
If this version is too old, you can also face this issue. So you can try to update the Widevine CMD component in Chrome to solve this issue.
There are few easy steps to do this:-
- Type chrome://components in the search bar of your Chrome.
- Look for Widevine Content Decryption Module.
- Under it, click the Check for update box.
- Wait for the scan process to finish. Download and install the available update.
- Restart Google Chrome and check if the error still exists.
If the problem persists try reinstalling your Chrome browser too as there are problems with the cache of the browsers, doesn’t matter how many times you have cleared it manually.
Let us know in the comment section, which method helped you with this issue, also if you have any other way to solve this licensing error on YouTube TV.
- How To Fix Internal Server Error.
- Simple ways to connect Wii to Smart TV.
- Activate Free Apple TV Plus Subscription.
- How to record a song on Soundcloud.
Share this article with others on social media platforms too, if these methods work for you.