If you use Roku to stream different services and now looking for How To Cancel HBO NOW On Roku, just read the full article and follow the steps provided here.
The reason could be that you can’t find anything to watch on HBO.
If you’ve already binge-watched Game of Thrones, True Blood, and Westworld, you might feel that the subscription service doesn’t have a lot of exciting titles to offer.
One of the advantages of streaming services is that you can cancel a subscription at any time.
You can always decide to subscribe again in the future or switch to a different service with a library of shows and movies you haven’t watched yet.
Here is how to cancel HBO NOW on Roku if you would like to take a break from this streaming service or want to get HBO MAX instead.
Canceling HBO NOW
HBO launched its streaming service HBO NOW in 2015. The platform allowed users to catch up on the latest Game of Thrones episodes, along with other HBO shows, movies, specials, documentaries, and more for $14.99 a month.
HBO is in the process of replacing this platform with a new service called HBO MAX. While HBO MAX isn’t available on all platforms yet, this new service will give you access to the entire HBO NOW catalog plus additional titles from Warner Media and HBO MAX exclusives.
Switching to HBO MAX makes sense since the monthly cost will remain the same, but you will have access to a larger library of content.
It’s also likely that HBO will focus on creating exclusives for this new service and might release fewer new titles on the HBO NOW platform.
If you’re watching HBO NOW on a platform that supports HBO MAX, you can upgrade your HBO NOW app and access HBO MAX with your current account.
Unfortunately, Roku isn’t one of the platforms that supports HBO MAX, and your HBO NOW app will turn into an app called HBO.
There are different reasons to cancel HBO NOW account. If you’ve been watching HBO on Roku, canceling your account and subscribing through another provider will give you access to the HBO MAX catalog.
You might also want to cancel because you have run out of shows and movies to watch, or simply don’t want to subscribe at the end of a free trial.
Canceling HBO NOW isn’t as straightforward as other services since you need to cancel your subscription through your billing provider.
If you got HBO NOW through the Roku channel store, you need to know how to cancel HBO NOW on Roku.
How To Cancel HBO NOW On Roku
The easiest HBO NOW account cancel method is to cancel your subscription from your Roku home screen.
It’s a quick and easy method that allows you to stop paying for a subscription you no longer use.
Manage HBO NOW Subscription Using Roku Device
Here is how you can cancel HBO from your Roku home screen:
- Turn your Roku device on or press the Home button on your remote to access the home screen.
- Browse through your different apps to find HBO NOW. Note that the app’s name might be HBO if you updated it.
- Highlight the HBO NOW or HBO app and press the star icon button to open the options menu.
- In the menu that opens, look for an option called Manage Subscription.
- Highlight manage subscription, select this option, and a new will open.
- You can see HBO subscription details in the new window, including the renewal date or when free trial will end.
- You should also see a Cancel Subscription option. Select it.
- Your Roku will display a message that says you can keep watching until the end of your billing cycle.
- Select Done to confirm the cancellation.
It’s easy to do and should only take a few minutes!
Manage Subscription Online
If you don’t have access to your Roku device at the moment or don’t want to stop streaming your favorite show, you can manage your Roku channel subscriptions online.
It’s a convenient method that allows you to see all your current subscriptions.
We recommend checking the Roku website once in a while in case there are subscriptions you forget, or just to reevaluate which subscriptions you want to keep and which ones you want to cancel to save money.
You can manage your Roku subscriptions online by visiting my.roku.com:
- Enter your email and password to log into your Roku account.
- Click on the menu in the top right corner of the page.
- You will see an option that says welcome back, followed by your name.
- Open it and look for My Account.
- This section of the Roku website lets you access and update your account information, like payment method, PIN preferences, etc.
- Look for an option called Manage Account.
- You can use manage account to add more channels, review your purchase history, redeem special offers, and more. Look to Manage Your Subscriptions and click on this option.
- This option will take you to a page where you can see a list of your active subscriptions and free trials.
- Look for HBO NOW in the list, select it, and click on cancel subscription.
Few Things To Keep In Mind
You should now know how to cancel HBO NOW on Roku, whether you’re using a Roku device or visiting the Roku website. There are a few additional things to consider before you cancel:
- Canceling your HBO subscriptions means it will end at the end of the current billing cycle. You can keep watching HBO on your Roku device until the end of this cycle.
- If you don’t cancel 24 hours before the end of a billing cycle, your subscription might renew for another month.
- If you have multiple Roku devices, you might not have access to options to manage subscriptions on all your devices. Try canceling on different devices or visit the Roku website instead.
- If you’re not sure if Roku is your billing provider for HBO NOW, there is an easy way to check.
- Visit HBONow.com, log in with your HBO account, and click on your profile in the top right corner to access billing information. You will see the name of your billing provider listed.
Wrapping it up:-
Keep in mind that are mentioned above, before going for account cancellation.
In case of any issue or query feel free to mention it in the comment section below.
Any suggestions regarding the methods or if you want to share something on this topic, please do.
Share your experiences with HBO NOW, why you have subscribed it and what made you to cancel the account now.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with others on social media, as we all know that “Sharing Is Caring“.