Hosting a watch party has become quite a trend during this lockdown scenario. Watch your favorite shows, movies or videos on different platforms be it Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, or Facebook along with your friends at the same time is really interesting. Watch parties will let you real-time interaction with your friends either in the form of chat or video. But, can you watch Disney Plus with friends? is the question here.
GroupWatch feature launched in the year 2020 by Disney Plus will let you connect seven of your friends and family on Disney Plus to watch shows and movies on the platform at the same time.
You can launch and join a GroupWatch using the Disney Plus website or mobile app. And while you’re watching, you can offer real-time reactions by clicking or tapping the smiley face icon.
GroupWatch syncs streams so that you can all have the same viewing experience, even if you’re unable to watch together in person.
But, there is a limitation to this, as there are four different profiles of the same Disney Plus that can be used for this, but any other person you invite on GroupWatch will need to have a Disney Plus account to join in.
Here in this article, you will also get to know how to watch Disney Plus with friends online, even when your friends don’t have an active subscription.
So, read the full article to get the all possible ways to watch Disney Plus with friends.
Can You Watch Disney Plus With Friends – How To?
In this section, you will get to know about different ways to have real-time entertainment with your friends. Be it either GroupWatch feature by Disney plus or be it other ways involving Zoom or Discord.
How To GroupWatch On Disney Plus
You can launch and join a GroupWatch using the Disney Plus website or mobile app. The streaming service is available online through your browser and on the Disney Plus app, currently available for mobile devices and tablets.
- Launch Disney+ on your browser or its application on mobile.
- Select the movie or TV show that you want to watch. Click or tap the GroupWatch icon. It looks like three people in a circle.
- First, you need to invite your friends or family.
- To do this, click on the “+” icon appearing on the screen. A window will appear prompting you to cancel or invite friends. Choose “Invite.”
- A new window will appear with a link to the GroupWatch stream. Copy it then send it to your friends and family.
- Once everybody joined, you are all set to start streaming.
- Choose Start Stream blue button.
Thant’s it, enjoy.
If you are picking a new episode or want to add more people, exit out of the GroupWatch by clicking the back arrow. Select “Leave GroupWatch” to exit out of the group altogether. The stream will keep going until everyone clicks it.
There are few things you should know, that only seven people can join in with this GroupWatch, also only four people can join through the same Disney Plus account.
So you won’t be able to join in any of the above conditions is in place.
Can You Watch Disney Plus With Friends – Other Ways
How To Stream Disney Plus On Zoom
This is where you get the way to watch Disney Plus online with friends if they don’t have the subscription. So, you may either use the zoom on the computer’s browser or use the application on mobile or computer.
- First, you either invite others to your Zoom meeting or join one which is already running.
- Open Disney Plus in one of your tabs or run the application on the device.
- In your meeting, you’ll see a selection of meeting controls, including the ability to mute your voice, start and stop the video, and more.
- Select the green Share Screen icon.
- Choose the screen you want to share.
- Now click Share, and you are all set.
In some cases, users reported issues of black screen, you will get the methods to fix it here.
How To stream Disney Plus On Discord
Before you begin make sure you have permission to stream Disney Plus app because some Discord servers restrict that to certain users. Also, you will require a Discord Nitro account if you stream anything over 720p and 30 FPS.
- Open the Disney Plus app or Browser Window.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Open Discord and connect to a server or you can even make your own server.
- Select the Settings in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now click on Game Activity from the left-hand menu.
- Choose to add it from the top of your screen. Now, select your browser window with the Disney Plus application from your drop-down menu and choose Add Game.
- Go back to the home screen and click on the Screen button in the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on the Disney Plus app which you want to stream.
- Select your preferred Streaming settings.
- Click on Go Live to begin your streaming.
In the case of Discord also, users have reported issues of black screen, so check out the solution here.
Wrapping it up:-
So, in the end, I hope you get the answers to the query can you watch Disney Plus with friends?. You have here some of the working ways to stream Disney Plus online with your friends and family.
However, streaming any online streaming service is illegal(I hope you know that already).
- Watch Disney Plus On VIZIO TV.
- Launch and use Disney Plus On Hisense TV.
- How to get Hulu On Smart TV.
If you have any other ways to stream Disney Plus with friends, share them in the comment section below.
Also, share this post with others too on social media platforms and leave a comment on how you like this article too.